 CAD / 3298
3297  |  3299
Subject:
LDraw and spatial awareness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:23:17 GMT

Hello Dave,

My name is Don Jessiman. James Jessiman, the author of LDraw, was my son.
As you may be aware, James died in July 1997 at the age of 26 years.
James' mother and I follow the communications on Lugnet with great
interest.
We are both intrigued and delighted by your comments about the educational
worth of LDraw.
As a child and teenager, James would "see" the required results of
anything, but particularly things mathematical, so quickly, clearly and
directly. Most of the time this put him at odds with the traditional
schooling system where the focus is on thinking processes rather than
thought outcomes.
Once again, thank you for you comments. We would welcome any further
observations as we are about to start putting James' story, including the
development of LDraw, down on paper.

Kind regards
Don Jessiman