 CAD / 3296
Re: help! trying to pose mini-fig arms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 21:58:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Franklin W. Cain writes:
(It renders OK with _LDLite_, though...)

How do I convert the LDAO "DAT" file
into a format acceptable to LDraw?

right.. LDLite supports the new META command language.. but it was invented
after LDraw...

to convert the model to standard LDraw format you need to run LDLite on the
model with the -R switch.. you have to do this at the DOS command line.. here's
the part of the LDLite documentation that covers it..

5. Converting to LDRAW syntax. To maintain backwards compatibility as much as
possible, LDLITE can be used to convert a file to LDRAW *.dat syntax. While
COLOR commands are simply ignored, and direct colors will cause LDRAW to choke,
all other commands (names, nested transforms) can be converted successfully.
The syntax for converting a file with extended syntax (e.g. named
"extended.dat") to one using just LDRAW syntax (e.g. named "oldstyle.dat") is:

• ldlite -roldstyle.dat extended.dat

hope this helps..