 CAD / 17648
Re: 3D laser scanning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 00:08:34 GMT

Are the helmets in the current Clone Wars series the same part as the Clone
Trooper helmet you are interested in?

I just had a look at the real parts in that kit, and I guess the answer to my
own question is "No".

I could scan the helmet piece in the new Clone Trooper pack, but I don't think
the results would be what you wanted.. The new parts are much simpler, with the
"eye holes" simply printed onto the helmet. The older ones like the one you had
in your post have the eye holes molded into the helmet.

I would be willing to scan the older helmet if I could find one. In the
meantime, maybe you could use the same "painted-on" technique to make the LDraw
part - make a simple helmet and put a pattern on it for the eye holes?

Darrell