 CAD / 17458
Re: 3D laser scanning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 21:27:39 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Philippe Hurbain wrote:

This is really cool. How do you go about scanning the “inside” of an object?

I think this kind of part creation is going to be needed to keep up with all the new “organic” type parts that Lego are churning out at the moment.

My kids have loads of the new minifigures from series 1 and 2, and these consist of lots of parts that could only be modelled using this kind of process. I guess we either have to wait for the Lego Universe Team to submit more parts, or start sending our Lego pieces to you for 3D scanning! Are there other people who have access to professional 3D scanning equipment who would be willing to scan parts?

Keep up the good work

P.S. Has anyone attempted to model part 43753 (Minifig Hair Swept Back), as trying to get a complete LDraw model of set 7669 :-)

Reuben