 CAD / 17459
Re: 3D laser scanning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2010 08:48:54 GMT

This is really cool. How do you go about scanning the "inside" of an object?

That's indeed a problem, getting laser light AND camera view inside a hole with
proper angle needed to get depth information is impossible. But often inside
holes are more geometric (eg. at the base of Fabuland heads) and can be added by
postprocessing. Unfortunately joining scanned sections and geometrically defined
ones may be quite tough (the mummy coffin is a good example of that approach).

P.S. Has anyone attempted to model part 43753 (Minifig Hair Swept Back), as
trying to get a complete LDraw model of set 7669 :-)
I don't have the part... (and it is not in LDD at the moment)

Philo