 CAD / 17635
Re: 3D laser scanning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2011 02:34:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Reuben Pearse wrote:

   Are there other people who have access to professional 3D scanning equipment who would be willing to scan parts?

Hi all, I’m late to this party - I’m kind of languishing through another LEGO Dark Age..

We recently got a new desktop 3D scanner at my work. I am trying to learn how to use it, so I’d be up for doing some parts. The process of making the scans isn’t exactly hard, but it is time-consuming and tedious, and I can’t really do it during work hours.

What I do NOT have the patience for is the LDraw parts authoring process. So while I can provide a file in a standard CAD file format, it will be up to someone else to do the file cleanup and conversion to DAT (which is no small task in itself).

What kinds of parts would people really like to be scanned?

Darrell