 CAD / 17358
Re: Code Pilot LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2010 16:23:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:

   Basically, you get the look of an over-lit subject.
That’s what bothers the photographer in me ;o)
I agree, and if these were final renders I would be more careful. But since they are just “work-in-progress” pictures, I just used the same lighting for each. For full models it works very well indeed.

   I suppose I could reduce the gamma.
Maybe, yes. Black seems OK.
True. Although you can see that even the direct reflections in the black and green look white.

   Finally I did a mockup... Battery lid is done, still a lot of work for cover! http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/75972.dat

Thanks very much! I’ve placed it into my model and it fits nicely. It is rotated 90 degrees compared with the Scout for some reason, but that was easy to rectify. I assume you are using the Scout battery submodel as a placeholder until you finish the one for the Code Pilot.

By way of status, I finished the model last night. Here is a render of the completed file using the Scout as a placeholder. It is not very noticeable from the front unless you look closely.

Here is a quick screen capture from LDView with your new Code Pilot mockup. A little blocky at the moment, but it looks promising.

Incidentally, I started a thread on Eurobricks about my experience building the model. You can also see the 15 renders I did of progress over on Brickshelf. If you are interested in a copy of the MPD file to take a look at how the Code Pilot fits, just send me an email.