 CAD / 17349
17348  |  17350
Subject:
Code Pilot LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 16:55:47 GMT

I have begun the challenging task of modeling the dump truck from the Barcode Multi Set 8479. This huge model will require a lot of effort, but you can see some of the “work in progress” results below. The problem, of course, is that the Code Pilot itself does not exist in LDraw as far as I can tell. This part is not totally different than the RCX in size and shape, but substituting the RCX does not look right at all. On the one hand, this is a very unique part that only exists in this one old set, so I can see how there would not be much demand for creating it. On the other hand, the same is true for the Spybotics brick which is even more complicated, yet it exists in LDraw. Does anyone know if this part has ever been modeled by anyone or would anyone be willing to contribute it? I recognize that not everyone has one of these, so I would be more than happy to provide as many photos as required, if requested.

Eric (blakbird) Technicopedia