 CAD / 16334
Re: DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 2.0.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 14:25:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Michael Heidemann wrote:
Not every part number that is used in the LDraw System of Tools is listed on
Bricklink, so the check for the partnumber is useless.

So at a result I do not feel that this would be of much benefit for
1) Part authors
2) Reviewer

If somebody can convience me that I am wrong, please do so and I'll add that
function.

I'm not going to try to convince you one way or another, but it seems to me that
if you were to do something like this, Peeron would be a more logical choice as
the source of the information, since Peeron and ldraw.org are much more closely
related to each other than BrickLink and ldraw.org.

--Travis

My main source for names is Peeron and I use BL only if there is no Peeron
reference. Nonetheless I don't think that naming should be automated:

* Peeron has no limit on characters
* It has no scheme for pattern, component parts, shortcuts, different typs of
the same part.

w.

Thats correct and also do not forget that LDraw has its own numbering scheme and
Peeron may change their numbers if an LDraw part is released.

It might be possible to get the names as a reference or an idea but I think also
everybody has a webbrowser ;-).

cu
mikeheide