 CAD / 16327
Re: DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 2.0.6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 2009 20:53:26 GMT

Mike,

I have yet to author any parts, but I did download DATHeader and give it a try.
It looks like a great program with a lot of great features!

There is one thing that I would like to request that you add to DATHeader.  I'd
like to see DATHeader check and fill in the description of the part given the
part number.  For example if the part number is 32065, DATHeader would request
the part description from the BrickLink Database.

This check would do two things; it would make sure that the part number is valid
against an existing part, and it would prevent authors from making up or
mis-wording the part description.

My ColorManager program performs a very similar task using a library called
CURL.  You are welcome to any of my source code to help add this feature:
http://www.scottwardlaw.com/colormanager

Great work!

Scott W.