 CAD / 15902
Re: Still no zip file for 2008-01?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2008 15:33:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:

   Note that most programs that can extract ZIP files should be able to extract the contents of the EXE file - self-extracting ZIPs are valid ZIP files themselves.

Yeah, I’ve done that in the past, but I didn’t have any luck in this case. Stuffit Expander, the built-in OS X archive utility, and another zip program failed to unzip it successfully. The unzip utility reports the following:
End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
In any case, it’s all water under the bridge now as the complete.zip file has been identified.

Thanks,

Jim