 CAD / 15708
  Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values

(...) I've been questioned about the directions we are going with our efforts. The current plan for the LDConfig.ldr is: * Keep the core color numbers from 0-50, plus some historical colors like Black_Rubber, Chrom or Gold for backwards (...) (16 years ago, 22-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values

(...) Thant sounds very good to me. The support for language support I can imagine a new file for each language that is called LDconfig.de for German for example. The syntax can be: 0 !COLOUR Weiss CODE 30001 When there is no entry for the requested (...) (16 years ago, 22-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values

(...) This is done with two exceptions to follow the BL naming scheme. Teal is not one of the BL color names, but the color values for LDraw Teal are almost the same as Dark_Tuquoise, according to Peeron and my own observation. Light_Red is also not (...) (16 years ago, 24-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values

In lugnet.cad, Scott Wardlaw wrote: You use in your description the attribute SPECKLE that is not yet official. So if we use that (I recommend that) we have to update the article (URL) as well. Only as a reminder. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 24-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values

(...) The "besides the color code" isn’t a collateral damage but the main problem! We cannot ship the TLG numbering in a simple language file. Think about a blue car colored with LDraw code 1. Loading the TLG colors as language file you would (...) (16 years ago, 25-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values

(...) I'd like to hear some opinions on how we do define backwards compatibility? Considering that most user built their models using MLCad (no idea which color numbers are supported by Leo, Bricksmith or SR3D) which comes with very limited color (...) (16 years ago, 25-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values

(...) I am _strongly_ against that. Imho this is the same mistake LEGO did a few years ago with the stone colors. What would be the point of defining a standard (ldconfig.ldr) to change it at the first drawback? Colors 70..72 are defined for more (...) (16 years ago, 25-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values

(...) We should be able to have TLG names as a language file, since every TLG color value should map to every BL (BrickLink) color value. I certainly understand the drive to have them in the file in one form or another. Perhaps the most benefit can (...) (16 years ago, 25-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values

(...) Since MLCAD (and other programs) do not support color codes above 511, a different approach to reading TLG colors is needed. However, I have to strongly agree with Philo. Changing color codes that have been defined for years is not a good (...) (16 years ago, 25-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Opinions needed for Color and Edge Values

(...) I completely agree that changing the colour codes at this stage is a terrible idea. However I have nothing against duplicating them. One thing we do need is to maintain, alongside the LDraw codes, mapping lists to other known systems such as (...) (16 years ago, 25-Nov-08, to lugnet.cad)