 CAD / 15228
Re: Release of Color Manager
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 16:04:06 GMT

I don't have any unofficial parts (well I do but kept separately) so that
explains that. I'm not certain what you mean when you say "The next time the
program updates a color file", When you create it again using Color Manager or
when it updates to BLink?

3) I really suggest that you take a look at the README.doc.  The Original Sort,
Sort by Piece Popularity, and the Alphabetical Sort options will change the
order of colors on the color palette in MLCAD.  You should note that the Popular
Sort and Alpha Sort have a bad side effect.  When / if these features are
incorporated into MLCAD, this side effect will not occur.

Ah, I get it, it sorts the colors in the pallette, not the parts

4) Selecting Virtual Color will force MLCAD (or you can use MAKELST.EXE) to
re-create a parts.lst of all of the parts in your library.  The program saves
your original parts.lst file as your_orig_parts.lst.

Well I thought that would re-add all the parts, but for me it creates a parts
list containing the unofficial parts, see above.

5) Yeah, hopefully when / if these features are put into MLCAD, we'll get this
option.  Otherwise, the program will update the file that you choose after it is
30 days old.

Thanks for your input,
Scott

Tim

Tim,

It sounds like you may have a unique situation.  Please contact me directly, if
you need any assistance.  I suggest downloading both the latest official set of
parts:
http://www.ldraw.org/Downloads-req-viewdownload-cid-1.html
and the latest unofficial set:
http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=14&mode=thread&order=1&thold=0
and put them in the same directory.

If you really want them in different directories, I believe that MLCAD will
allow you to have them in different directories:
http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/ini-en.html#scan

If anyone else is having difficulty, please post a response for everyone to see.

Thanks,
Scott