 CAD / 15220
Re: Release of Color Manager
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2008 15:15:48 GMT

   Scott -

Haven’t checked it out yet (Installing Windows is on my to-do) but I love the concept! Looking forward to seeing it in action when I have the chance.

-Tim

Tim,

Thanks for your compliments.

If your Mac or Unix box has a CAD program that uses the Ldraw parts.lst file, then you can get some of the benefits of the program.

The program comes with a folder that contains a bunch of color.lst files. If you want to CAD with only Dark Green, you could copy the Dark Green.lst file and rename it parts.lst.

The program is written in C++, and I did my best not to use Windows only code. Someone who is savy in Mac or Unix C++, could compile it to work on Mac or Unix.

Michael Lachmann (author of MLCAD) responded positively. His time is limited, but it appears that the features in this program may be showing up in MLCAD one day. Everyone owes him a big thanks for all of the time that he has put in so far to make MLCAD such an awesome program!

Thanks, Scott