 CAD / 15214
  Release of Color Manager

I am proud to introduce Color Manager for MLCAD and Ldraw. (URL) The main feature of Color Manager is to filter your parts list to only those pieces that are available (from Bricklink) in the color that you choose. This allows the user to build (...) (16 years ago, 5-May-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX) !!

  Re: Release of Color Manager

(...) Scott - Haven't checked it out yet (Installing Windows is on my to-do) but I love the concept! Looking forward to seeing it in action when I have the chance. -Tim (16 years ago, 5-May-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Release of Color Manager

(...) I've had a quick play and have a few thoughts 1: its a great idea 2: it seems to work with a couple of provisos. 2a: the dropdown colour choice box doesn't seem to scroll using the mouse but does using the cursor keys 2b: I get missing parts (...) (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Release of Color Manager

(...) Actually, having just played some more, I don't understand how All Real works. When using any particular colour it only show part available, but when using All Real all parts are shown (as you would expect, they are all avaialbe in one colour (...) (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Release of Color Manager

(...) Tim, Thanks for your compliments. If your Mac or Unix box has a CAD program that uses the Ldraw parts.lst file, then you can get some of the benefits of the program. The program comes with a folder that contains a bunch of color.lst files. If (...) (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Release of Color Manager

(...) Tim, Thank you for taking some time to let me know your thoughts. 2a) I'd also like the dropdown color menu to be scrollable with the mouse. My C++ skills (and my time) have not yet allowed this feature. 2b) The missing parts that you see in (...) (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Release of Color Manager

(...) I think when / if these features are incorporated into MLCAD, this will work the way that you expect it to. It does not limit / filter your parts for each color. What All Real actually does is combine all of the color.lst files into one (...) (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Release of Color Manager

(...) Fair enough (...) I don't have any unofficial parts (well I do but kept separately) so that explains that. I'm not certain what you mean when you say "The next time the program updates a color file", When you create it again using Color (...) (16 years ago, 6-May-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Release of Color Manager

(...) Tim, It sounds like you may have a unique situation. Please contact me directly, if you need any assistance. I suggest downloading both the latest official set of parts: (URL) the latest unofficial set: (URL) put them in the same directory. If (...) (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Release of Color Manager

(...) Its not an issue for me, I know how to get round the problem, but I thought it would be useful for you as potential problem other people may encounter. I like to keep the unofficial parts separate so that I know when I create models they will (...) (16 years ago, 7-May-08, to lugnet.cad)