 CAD / 1484
    Re: Part Tracker news —Todd Lehman
   (...) Zachary, Let me know how I can help... Plenty of disk space, etc. here on lugnet.com, and extensive Perl/CGI experience. If you are looking for a stable home for Parts Tracker (in the interim or permanently), it could easily put in a (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Part Tracker news —Zach Benz
   <discussion of future of Parts Tracker snipped> (...) Hi Todd, I was hoping you'd chime in. :) LUGnet does seem like a good place to put it. I've been thinking about its future some more, and I really want to spend some time personally upgrading it (...) (26 years ago, 31-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Part Tracker news —Todd Lehman
    [Added lugnet.cad.dev to Newsgroups list, with followups set to lugnet.cad.dev] (...) I can offer a temporary or permanent safe-haven if you need to move anything quickly, and I can take and apply any periodic updates you'd have; I can't offer (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Part Tracker news —Steve Bliss
     On Sat, 3 Apr 1999 02:18:14 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote: [Big snip] The Parts Tracker is completely separate from the actual flow of parts from author, to Terry, to voting, to release. It would be very helpful, at least to one (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: Part Tracker news —Zach Benz
     (...) Any recommendations on how things could be better integrated? Or do people feel that the current system works well? I'd especially like to hear Terry's thoughts -- I'm happy to try and help the voting process along in any way possible. Thanks, (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Part Tracker news —Zach Benz
     <discussion about new home for Parts Tracker snipped> (...) Makes sense. Let's say it will be a temporary move for now, although that could quickly turn into permanent if I decide I can't afford to re-establish a personal web site. (...) True, speed (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: Part Tracker news —Terry Keller
     (...) That is what I thought should happen. I view the tracker as being an aide to piece authors, to prevent duplication of work. I rarely ever go check the Tracker page myself. I consider it the authors responsibility to check the page before (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Part Tracker news —Zach Benz
   I have made a mock-up of what the revised version of the LDraw Parts Tracker might look like. Please visit: (URL) love to hear people's thoughts on the design and layout! Question: I have placed "actions" buttons in the right hand column: a "get (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Part Tracker news —Steve Bliss
   Two things that would be really nice: 1. Be able to sort the listing by any of the columns. 2. Be able to filter the view. The key filter, for me, would be by Author. When I go in to update my entries, I'm usually updating several items, and I'd (...) (26 years ago, 3-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Part Tracker news —Zach Benz
   (...) implement that one. In that case, only parts by the author you select will be displayed. Otherwise, all parts will be displayed on one page. This week will be pretty busy with a few papers and midterms, but I've already thrown together the (...) (26 years ago, 5-Apr-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)