 CAD / 14263
  Re: LDD vs LDraw

(...) ... Hmmm, I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but what would you think about maybe taking over the maintainence and development of ldglite? I tend to think of it as the lowest common denominator of LDRAW viewer/editors, but with a (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LDD vs LDraw

(...) Actually, ldglite is pretty much exactly what I was thinking in terms of using OpenGL to enhance the MLcad experience. And don't knock spaghetti code - a lot of programmers never release anything because they're too busy trying to "do it (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LDD vs LDraw

(...) I've been considering starting in on a new WYSIWYG LPub. It has been a long time in coming. I was hoping to not have to figure out a new renderer, so I was thinking about using either ldglite or LDView as the renderer. I think these tools (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LDD vs LDraw

(...) If you're doing interactivity with opengl, don't bother using the gl_select mechanism, it's way to slow for even small models (the car for example). I discovered this the hard way, while writing an editor for my LD4DModeler succeder project :) (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDD vs LDraw

(...) I'm not exactly sure what you mean about the performance issues. Running an external viewer in polling mode is too slow? What sort of interactive rendering are you considering? (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LDD vs LDraw

(...) What I want to do is take the layout process (taking part list images, and partial assembly images and making actual building instruction pages interactive. Right now it is batch, pretty much on an entire model basis. I want to be able to pull (...) (18 years ago, 13-Dec-06, to lugnet.cad, FTX)