 CAD / 14110
Re: tool for maintaining new official parts header
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:25:49 GMT

Thank you so much for your hints.

I know that the cmdline and the help is not parsed at present.
So the next release will have:

1) Changed text will be used if you leave the text field.
2) That's true, but if you change anything or if you load a new file it
will go back to only the new header. I have done this for easy safeing
the file content.
3) I will care about the blank lines according the sample header.
4) Not jet parsed, so it can be everywhere. Will be fixed.
5) I have to investigate this behaviour. Maybe you send me org. file so
I can test it.
6) Not jet parsed. Will be fixed. Can there be more than one cmdline in
a file?
7) I have to load the full file to write it back. As I am parsing line
by line, I maybe have to inform the user that the file is still loading.

Thank you again for your help

cu
MikeHeide

William Howard schrieb:
A few minor bugs

1) You need to commit any changes in the field the cursor is in before
saving the header back to the document (eg make a minor chnage to the
description and click save; it's not saved - you must click on another field
first)

2) After saving, the entire document appears in the new header field

3) The program should either preserve blank lines, or add them as suggested
by the sample headers (see
http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=397)

4) 0 !HELP lines are incorrected ordered (should come before the BFC stmt)
(see new 78.dat for an example of !HELP - which are also incorrectly placed
in the header).

5) Initial comments are incorrectly being converted into !HISTORY
meta-commands

6) THE !CMDLINE (or CMDLINE) header is being ignored - worse still, a file
with this header causes the program to erase the existing header

7) Program seems to be parsing entire file - try loading 44511.dat or
3947.dat, it looks like the program hangs, but does eventually respond - it
could stop parsing on the first line starting with a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5