 CAD / 14109
14108  |  14110
Subject:
2001/2010 MOC Updates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 05:13:50 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I finally decided to sit down and finish the LDraw files for the Discovery and Leonov, which I’ve actually had mostly complete for quite a while now. Since I did most of the work so long ago there were some older versions of parts, but I’ve tried to update them all to the current LDraw parts release. There are still some unofficial parts used in the Discovery (and maybe in the Leonov) so you may have to go get them from www.ldraw.org. If there are any wonky parts just let me know and I will update them.

You can find the files (with and without the stands), along with the parts lists, on their respective pages on my website: Discovery - Leonov

I’ve also finally taken pictures of the Dawn of Man diorama (or bignette??) that I built to display with the ships at Brickfest 2004. This model tends to get just as big a reaction as the ships, which invariably get attributed to all manor of science fiction sources. At least if someone remembers anything about 2001 they usually remember the ‘monkeys’ and get a laugh out of seeing them in LEGO.

Enjoy,