 CAD / 14084
    tool for maintaining new official parts header —Michael Heidemann
   I have created a tool for maintaining the parts header according to the latest specifications. I hope you find this tool useful. You can find this tool on my homepage www.michael-heidemann.de. Any comments are welcome. (18 years ago, 17-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: tool for maintaining new official parts header —Willy Tschager
     (...) hmm ... interesting! unfortuantely it is quite buggy. * every time I start up the tool it launches the installer of a prog I have on my disk. * the drop down boxes: Part Type, License type, BFC-statement, category gave back an error dialog (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: tool for maintaining new official parts header —Dean Earley
     (...) This is normally something else on your system screwed up or missing dependencies in the install. Mike: Personally, I'd dump the PDW and use Inno. It is FAR more reliable :) (...) I don't see any of these here. (...) Its a VB app. It will need (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: tool for maintaining new official parts header —Michael Heidemann
      Dean Earley schrieb: (...) Thanks Dean for your hint. I will give it a try later. (...) I think you use this program in a differnt way I thought about. Stupid from me to give it away without any help or decription. I thought this way. Building the (...) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: tool for maintaining new official parts header —Michael Heidemann
     Dean Earley schrieb: (...) Now the installer is immo. (...) I have just uploaded a new version which has hopefully no bugs and all ideas mentioned above are implemented. Please enjoy and let me have your feedback. MikeHeide (18 years ago, 23-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad)

         RE: tool for maintaining new official parts header —William Howard
      A few minor bugs 1) You need to commit any changes in the field the cursor is in before saving the header back to the document (eg make a minor chnage to the description and click save; it's not saved - you must click on another field first) 2) (...) (18 years ago, 24-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: tool for maintaining new official parts header —Michael Heidemann
     Thank you so much for your hints. I know that the cmdline and the help is not parsed at present. So the next release will have: 1) Changed text will be used if you leave the text field. 2) That's true, but if you change anything or if you load a new (...) (18 years ago, 27-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad)

         RE: tool for maintaining new official parts header —William Howard
     (...) Try the new 2904.dat for an example (...) The header specification doesn't explicity say only one !CMDLINE in the file, but it is used for "LDraw run-time command(s)" so the implication is if there is more than one LDraw command they would all (...) (18 years ago, 28-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: tool for maintaining new official parts header —Michael Heidemann
     I have uploaded a new version of DATHeader for your download at www.michael-heidemann.de William Howard schrieb: (...) Now this file will be parsed ok. (...) I keep the lines as they are, because I do not have experience with the CMDLINE feature. (...) (18 years ago, 28-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad)

         RE: tool for maintaining new official parts header —William Howard
      Mike, Looking good. I shall now use it as I update existing parts, and I'll let you know how I get on. Many thanks for writing this. I suppose I now have no excuse for getting the header lines wrong on my submissions! W -----Original Message----- (...) (18 years ago, 30-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: tool for maintaining new official parts header —Michael Heidemann
     I have now written a short instruction for DATHeader. You can find it on the same page as the program.(www.michael...idemann.de or quicker (URL) Howard schrieb: (...) (18 years ago, 8-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: tool for maintaining new official parts header —Michael Heidemann
   mikeheide schrieb: (...) Today I have uploaded a new version to my homepage (see above). Now you can also edit the history entries. mikeheide (17 years ago, 17-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad)