 CAD / 1374
  Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

I've just posted an update to my Lego page ((URL) It is a visual catalog of the 16 Starwars models that I've designed over the last few days. Each ship is displayed in oblique view and you can click on each one to download LDraw .DAT format (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

Awesome models, Karim! I really like the Imperial shuttle and the AT-AT! That Dragon Mech is truly a wonder. Have you ever submitted that to TLG? Keep building! Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  RE: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

(...) ITIISVC - I think it is very cool - Great imagination and microfig scale may have some possibilities for LARGE fleets and animations. The microfig is not used enough I think. Minifig scale tends to get bogged down in details, while microfig (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

(...) Starwars (...) AH!... i hadn't seen the probe droid yet!!.. hehe... what a *great* job you did in just a few days.. spectacular... and to answser your other post.. i'm in Dallas, TX... and it isn't flattery, it's just honesty.. i like building (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

(...) Starwars (...) I have one word to say. WOW! I especially like the Slave I and the AT-AT. -Joel (25 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

The SW models really do captrure the essence of the various ships quite well. It's really impressive to see such a good portrayal of these SW ships with such a small number of parts. The Slave 1 is my favorite, but all are impressive. Cheers Karim! (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

(...) Thanks! I think everybody has their own favorite ships from starwars. I also like the Slave 1. Though I really impressed myself with the A-wing (it took me no more than 2 minutes to design it). (...) Wow, Pat... that will be big! I (briefly!) (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

(...) I really like the A-Wing, too. It captures the concept of the vehicle very well. The Imperial shuttle is great too! The detail you managed to capture in that tiny model immediately reminded me of the one the LEGO Purists made at a much larger (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

(...) not a ship.. but there's always luke's landspeeder... and the sandcrawler... hmmm.. what else???... the corellian corvette (leia's ship taken hostage at the start of episode IV) jabba's sand barge (and the little craft that luke, han and (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

Karim wrote in message (...) trouble (...) other (...) that, (...) While not from Episodes 4,5,and 6, I have a soft spot for the Z-95 Headhunter. The R-41 Starchaser and the T-wing from the games are ideas. Look here for a large list of vessels (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Karim is the best

Out of all the original creations I've seen so far on the web, Karim's are the best. No one else has a deeper understanding or how to build and how to overcome the "stacking" problem of Lego bricks. The man is a master. Dave (25 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

Karim wrote in message <36F5119D.71FC1AF6@m...ng.com>... (...) Starwars (...) in (...) Maybe we should call this Bonsai Building, because it's not only about small scale (Microfig scale), but also about purity, restriction, simpleness, elegance. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars) !

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

(...) trouble (...) other (...) that, (...) Essential Guide to the Vehicles and Vessels can be very helpful, for the other ships introduced to the SW Universe, after the films. Selçuk (25 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

I wanted to say my favorite is the X-Wing. I love to use of the 1x2 "gun" parts for the wings. The A-Wing is also one of my favorites. I need to post my microfig Millenium Falcon. It is smaller than the one Karim did. (25 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999 15:34:53 GMT, Karim uttered the following profundities... (...) I'd seen them on cad.dat, and think they're brilliant! (25 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

(...) Starwars (...) I think your designs rock buddy! :) I haven't had the inclination to do microfig stuff, but if I did, I'd ask your opinion on stuff. -Tom McD. P.S. Some of my favorite minifig stuff came from piece studies on the microfig level. (25 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

(...) Thanks! I've never actually done Microfig before (in a dedicated fashion). In a way, all of my models are microfig (at least micro detail), since I'm always thinking about the effect of using one piece over another and the overall form as well (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  RE: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

I don't know what all the fuss is about...I heard that TLG is about to take Karim's designs and mold them as one piece specialty parts - sort of like Town Jr except for the more discerning Star Wars crowd... Karim, I've said it before, but the more (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

I've put 5 new models up on this page, and updated the TIE Prototype (Vader's fighter) after Jeremy pointed out a design error (Thanks!). It's not quite what he preposed as the solution, but I think it works well... Unfortunately, the Oblique angle (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Starwars Microfigure Model Catalog up on my page.

(...) Eric, I like that a lot! :) Thanks for the complements. I've been swamped with emails recently, so if I don't reply to everyone, please forgive me. Let me thank everyone who has sent me praise and criticism of these models... Both are always (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)