 CAD / 13547
  LDRAW Package format?

Hi everybody, yesterday someone sent me an e-mail and asked for the instructions of one of my models. I asked myself: Shall I render all the steps of the instructions via LPub - which takes a long time? Or shall I just send him the mpd-file and a (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) Who said that? It's not specifically disallowed in the MPD spec and LDView/MLCad both work fine with s/ and 48/ in the file names. I just tested LDView by changing the LDRAW directory to an empty directory and used a self contained MPD file (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

Hi Orion, Thank you! So I just need a good viewer for step-by-step instructions! Leg Godt -Sven (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) I'd say your best bet for that is likely MLCAD or LDGLite. Not sure if LDGLite likes directories inside MPDs, but there's a reasonably good chance it will work. On a related note, have you tried using LDGLite or LDView as the renderer in LPub? (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) I forgot to mention that the above programs will of course only work if he creates a directory somewhere that contains P and PARTS sub-directories, and then sets that as his LDraw directory in MLCad and/or LDGLite. --Travis (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) Exactly this is my problem. It is hard to explain all this to someone who has never heard of LDRAW. What I imagine is something like a (*.zip?)package containing the model file, the parts and the viewer. You just have to send this package per (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) Ldglite is still fairly primitive. For Windows, it's basically just an executable and a dll. If you don't give it an ldraw path, it should just look in the directory containing the model, and in the model file itself (if it's an MPD). Is that (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) Ldglite wouldn't be a good choice (for a packaged solution) -- it needs glut32.dll along with the main ldglite.exe file. But it would be a good choice for a program someone could just grab, unzip, and run. If you pointed them at the download. (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) Sven, What might be better than sending a viewer app each time awould be send a person an LDR/MPD file and a link to a server running a viewer, perhaps an pared-down version of the java app mentioned in this post: (URL) That would definitely (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) I sure wish I knew how to recreate this...... Kev (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

(...) LDLite will do work, but it does bark at you when there's no setting for the LDraw directory. Clicking Cancel gets you past that prompt, and then LDLite draws the file as best it can. (...) I think your idea for a packager is very good. I'd be (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

Steve Bliss schrieb: (...) It seems that you need a viewer for MPD files but also a collector for all file in the MPD. And I mean really all parts. Please try my MPDCenter at www.michael-heidemann.de. It will collect unofficial files according to a (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAW Package format?

Sven Moritz Hein schrieb: (...) I just tried ldglite_1_0_7 and I think it can work for you. Just give it a try. MikeHeide (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)