 CAD / 13125
Re: Odd Problem with Mlcad and POV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 05:33:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:
   What I would do, rather than starting with one of your models, is first create an entirely new “scene” model, and import your other files into that 1 by 1, and add them to the scene.

ROSCO

Well, the funny thing happens to be that I started out complex at first and tried to combine stuff. When that gave me problems, I figured I would just simplify it to a road, car, and figure.

Let me show you the work I’m trying to do. This is all built from the “Main Street” set from 1980. It was one of my favorite town sets as a kid, and one that I have now (although it’s the “Legends” version).

Here’s the “scene”. Renders out fine.

Here’s the work truck. Renders out fine.

Here’s what it looks like in Mlcad when I combine the two.

And... (drum roll)... here’s how it renders...

Kinda weird, isn’t it? And I can’t figure out why it’s doing that.

Now I know one solution would be to build the entire model in just one file. Rather a pain. I have all the other pieces to this as separate models such as the yellow car, all the minifigs, the crane, and the blue walls. I was planning to make an animation with it, so that’s why I separated things.

Also, I have plans on making other old sets (as separate objects) and putting them together to build a town that I can animate. So that’s why I’m trying to figure out this “import model” deal. I didn’t think it would be this hard. I must be doing something wrong, but I can’t figure out what it is.