 CAD / 13123
13122  |  13124
Subject:
Odd Problem with Mlcad and POV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 03:59:49 GMT

I’m having a strange problem with Mlcad and POV.

I’m trying to put together a town using by making separate objects, buildings, etc., and then importing them all together in a MPD file. You know, load one file and then import the other objects, make new model, put it together, change the model sequence so the combined model is first, save, convert via L3PAO, and then render.

What happens is that one object renders twice, and sometimes each imported object will render in two places. Look at this:

This is what it looks like in Mlcad. The road is a separte object. I imported the figure and then the car and saved as new model.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/eqrp/Legos/MlcadPic.bmp

Now this is how it renders in POV-Ray:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/eqrp/Legos/ProblemRender.bmp

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Heck, I can’t figure out why the plate turned dark grey / black instead of the light gray I selected in Mlcad. Does anyone know what’s wrong?