 CAD / 1296
Re: Reinstalling all cad stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 09:03:03 GMT

First, try the obvious: run 1.6 and reset the LDRAW base
directory.  I don't know exactly why, but that has helped
before.
Netscape+LDLite works OK for me, so I'm just guessing at the
problem.
After the "Finished" appears, go to the
File/Save As menu and save the file.  Then click on that file
and see if it works.
Also, in the "Finished" menu, is the "xxxx.seconds" a really
small number, like 0.002?

-gyug

KJMRR wrote:

OK.  I'm having the same problem described below in #1.  Every thing works
for files on my drive, but when I click on the "Open this as an LDraw .Dat
file" on the Lugnet.Cad.Dat pages, I get a blank screen.  One thing I notice
is that just before LDLite says "Finished in xxxx.seconds" (or something to
that effect) I see "Syntax Error ??????" flash into that same area.  It says
something else after the Syntax Error, but I have no idea what because it
goes by so fast.

But, if I put the LDLite 1.5 exe back, everything just works.  Just the 1.6
exe seems to fail for me.  I do have the LDDRAWDIR environment variable set.
And I am using the most up to date LDLite that I know of.

Any clues what stupid thing I'm doing wrong?

Kim

John Bauman wrote in message ...
Same here.