 CAD / 1305
Re: Reinstalling all cad stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 04:52:47 GMT

Paul Gyugyi wrote in message <36EA29C7.EEF79F0A@gyugyi.com>...
First, try the obvious: run 1.6 and reset the LDRAW base
directory.  I don't know exactly why, but that has helped
before.

I've done this, but I'll try again....
Nope. No difference.

Netscape+LDLite works OK for me, so I'm just guessing at the
problem.
After the "Finished" appears, go to the
File/Save As menu and save the file.  Then click on that file
and see if it works.

Nope.  Funny thing here.... The file name is "ldraw".  Then after I tried it
again, on the same dat file (this is via the lugnet.cad.dat interface) the
file name was "ldraw(2)".  Wierd.

Also, in the "Finished" menu, is the "xxxx.seconds" a really
small number, like 0.002?

Its small, but not that small.  Usually about 0.48?? seconds  or so (I'm
running a 166Mhz Pentium).  But, just in case this helps, one time it took
over 1 second, and I was able to read the error message; it said "Syntax
Error on line 1".  Based on this and the file name wierdness, it seems like
LDlite isn't getting the correct file name.  But let me say again, that if I
unzip the 1.5 version of ldlite, without changing anything else, everything
just works.  Bizzare.

Hmm.... I just tried another thing.  Just yesterday I downloaded Netscape
Communicator 4.51 (I've been using IE4).  So, after your comment about it
all working fine for you in Netscape, I thought I'd try that.  And, well,
everything works.  No problems.   So, clearly its something IE specific.  I
don't know what.

Hopefully this will provide some clues though.

Kim Toll

-gyug

KJMRR wrote:

OK.  I'm having the same problem described below in #1.  Every thing • works
for files on my drive, but when I click on the "Open this as an LDraw • .Dat
file" on the Lugnet.Cad.Dat pages, I get a blank screen.  One thing I • notice
is that just before LDLite says "Finished in xxxx.seconds" (or something • to
that effect) I see "Syntax Error ??????" flash into that same area.  It • says
something else after the Syntax Error, but I have no idea what because it
goes by so fast.

But, if I put the LDLite 1.5 exe back, everything just works.  Just the • 1.6
exe seems to fail for me.  I do have the LDDRAWDIR environment variable • set.
And I am using the most up to date LDLite that I know of.

Any clues what stupid thing I'm doing wrong?

Kim

John Bauman wrote in message ...
Same here.