 CAD / 1226
Re: Reinstalling all cad stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 18:56:02 GMT

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 18:02:58 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

I'm finally getting around to installing all the Lego cad programs on my new
PC.

I know there are a couple of changes I need to make to the configuration
files to get Ldraw/Ledit working, but I can't remember or find what they
are.  Can someone help me out here?  Also, wasn't there something about fast
PCs having trouble with Ldraw?  What are the workarounds for this?

See <http://hugin.risoe.dk/JJ_Memorial/rte200fx.html> about the too-fast
computer problem.

I can't think of any other necessary config changes.

Any additional "reminder" tips for installing Ldraw, LDAO, LDLite, L3P, etc.
would also be appreciated, as I don't have much extra time right now, but I
really want to see the new LDLite in action.

Don't forget to run makelist!  Or LDAO's version of it, anyway.

For LDAO, don't forget to run Make Catalog.

To use LDAO's various editing tools with LDLite, check
<http://home.att.net/~blisses/ldao/useldlite.html>

For all the information published about LDAO, go to
<http://home.att.net/~blisses/ldao/ldaoinfo.html>

For L3P, don't forget the autoexec.bat setting:

set LDRAWDIR=c:\ldraw

I think to *just* get LDLite 1.6 going, you need to:

1. Download and install ldraw.exe, the two parts updates from James
Jessiman, and all the L-CAD updates since then.
2. Download and install LDLite 1.6.
3. Run LDLite, and "Set the path for LDraw parts" from the Options menu.

This should get you set for rendering models from your hard drive, and
from lugnet.cad.dat.

Steve