 CAD / 12813
  Using stickers on LDraw models

Hello, I have a question about using stickers on LDraw models and rendering these in PovRay (and other renderers). Stickers are 0.25 LDU thick, with the rear (bottom) at y=0 and the front (top) at y=-0.25. When using a sticker it is lined up with (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) Lars should probably update L3P to not apply seams to objects that have any dimension less than or equal to the seam width. I added that feature to LDView at some point for just such a problem. I don't think a metacommand is appropriate when (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) Yes, this is clearly a bug. I've never used stickers, gotta try it. (...) I don't think the problem can be solved automatically. Well, avoiding the sticker disappearing can. But simply not applying seams or only applying seams in any dimension (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

Lars C. Hassing schrieb: (...) snip (...) Can this also be done if the sticker is larger than one part? And what will be with the seam in the "sub-part"? Mikeheide (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) Well, I just tried Niels's L-386 on top of two 2x2 tiles, all three parts put into a subfile. However, this construction failed to generate a seam between the two tiles. The subfile trick only works (or works best) if the sticker is applied to (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) The L-386 can be attached to one 2x8 brick on the tail of the helicopter, but following the instructions the sticker is attached halfway both 2x8 bricks. What happens in your test, when you add one tile and the sticker into a subfile and leave (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) No new META commands are neccessary, the CATEGORY metacommand is already in place. The sticker should have either a "0 CATEGORY Sticker" line or "Sticker" as the first word in the part name, therefore all stickers are readily indentifiable to (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) A sticker category is a good idea. According to "CATEGORY and KEYWORDS Language Extension" at ldraw.org "Sticker" is not (yet) allowed. (URL) few of the stickers in the Parts Tracker already use the category. "LDraw Official Library Standard (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote: > What happens in your test, when you add one tile and the sticker into a subfile > and leave the other tile as a seperate part. The sticker is thus partially > attached to the tile in the same subfile? Here is (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Using stickers on LDraw models

(...) be fixed. (...) first word in the part title if none is explicitly stated via a CATEGORY meta. (...) can be referenced via the following form: (URL) where XXX is the number after the "sid=" portion of the long URL. It's not more descriptive (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)