 CAD / 12323
  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

(...) Hi Sebastian, Yes, thats correct, it is the 'train wheels 2' sans the *@$$% holder. As for your second question, in MLCAD, the wheels without the holder are just that- wheels without the holder. Whats missing is a metal axle which connects the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

(...) I think that's done with edge detection in POV or MegaPOV but I'm not sure. You could always ask him (or any other author of images you like). The problem I have with that approach is that parts of the same color blend together. take a look at (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

This may sound stupid, but what does one use to hold the wheels in place? (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

(...) LOL, this makes me wonder if you've even seen a lego train :-P I did a brickshelf search, and this pic should clarify everything: (URL) metal axle is clearly visible in this pic. By pulling on the flanges of the wheels, the whole assembly (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

(...) No, I think he means how do you hold the wheels in place when you have taken them out of the holder. One of the most common techniques as I understand it is to use this piece: [LDrawPart 32028:0] You route the axle through the groove and then (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

SNIPPY (...) Hmm. Never thought of that one- probably because I don't have that part (though I do have the 1 x 8 versions of it)- I guess every builder's mind is configured somehow to work within his collection. Although I don't recall John Neal (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

(...) It IS a part that came in with recent updates, I think... the 2878 used to have all the stuff embedded in it. So that would explain why you might not be seeing it. It's in the parts subfolder under your LDraw installation point. As to how to (...) (20 years ago, 26-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Two queries: How-to for loco wheels and which app did this?

(...) Try part 2879c01, released in update 2003-03: (URL) Steve That Chris Dee; man, he knows what he's doing. (20 years ago, 27-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)