 CAD / 12297
  Ribbed hoses synth

There are quite a few problems when I try to cad ribbed hoses, first of all, the elements existing are not appropriate. I addapted them to make sure they are as big as the real ones, but I can't use Lsynth, since it places not the amount of parts I (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) There are plenty of other hose generators. Mlcad, LDDP, ldglite, and LEDIT mode for emacs all have them. And I think some of them do support fixed length hoses. But I think the right thing to do is adapt lsynth to do what you want. The source (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) (URL) (...) I agree with Don. I think Kevin has stated publicly in these very threads he is very open to integrating enhancements from others as long as it is easy to do and doesn't break things or make loads more work for him. He might not (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) Hi All, Happy holidays. I made LSynth's source code open from the beginning, in case someone better at math than I might take a swing at it. It has never really made it past the proof of concept stage. Feel free to make additions.... I just (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) Hi Misha, I actually think that the offical LDraw parts for ribbed hose, are not for the kind of rib hosed we get currently. I would love to see parts that are really made for the modern rib hosed. Kevin (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) Hey I know a spiffy little recursive algorithm that'd probably do a nice job of that. I used to use it in 2D to reduce the size of vectorized scanned image files, but it should extend nicely to 3D. You start with the end points of a curve. (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth  [DAT]

(...) [snip] (...) Lego's never had another kind of ribbed hose (or if they did, I never saw it). So, yes, LDraw part 78 models the 'modern' ribbed hose. Since neither post provided specifics of any problem with the hose, I played around with it (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) Hi Kevin, Thank you for taking a look at the problem, I'll mail you the parts, you can see more pictures of hoses I've done with my parts in my brickshelf... Regards, Misha (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) Maybe it is indeed the best to add some features to Lsynth, for I and many with me don't have a clue what to do with the sourcecode and formulas, the only thing I might be useful to is in saying what would be a good userinterface... (20 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ribbed hoses synth

(...) Thanks, but I have a simple iterative solution that works well. Kevin (20 years ago, 24-Dec-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)