 CAD / 11881
Re: LDraw.org 2004-03 Parts Update Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 06:24:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Alfred Speredelozzi wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Chris Dee wrote:
The 2004-03 parts update has been now been released.

You can preview the new parts
in 2004-03 and download the update by going to
<http://www.ldraw.org/library/updates>.

Thanks to all the authors and reviewers who contributed to this release.

Chris

Maybe I am going batty, or there is something strange with Windows XP SP2.  I
don't know, but when I installed this update, the new files were written to
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\LDRAW rather than C:\LDRAW.  Needless to say, the files can't be
read by MLCAD, et al.

Has this happened to anyone else?  I opened the archive with Textpad, and as far
as I can see, the path is hard coded into the archive.  That would lead me to
believe the archive is corrupt, but then maybe we're putting the parts library
in \TEMP now? ;)

Anyway, just thought I would mention it.  If it turns out its some crazy WinXP
thing, could someone post a solution to it?  Thanks.

-Alfred

Now fixed - see http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=2691>
Many thanks for reporting this so promptly.

Chris