 CAD / 11879
Re: Certifying sub-parts (was: LDraw.org 2004-03)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 05:16:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Ross Crawford wrote:
Yeah, I'm more worried about how much more difficult it becomes to certify,
because reviewers need to modify all the references manually, and if they
don't know to do that, they think it's broken and put a hold on it (like
steffen). Is there any way where it displays dependencies it can check for
an official no-x version of the sub-part, and explain what needs to be done?

We could, but I'd rather not; this is an exceptional case.  In general
circumstances, we'd consider x170c01.dat to be broken.

It'd be nice if there was an easier way to tell the tracker about groups of
files that need to be released together.  But then we'd have to maintain those
links, and in some cases (where large numbers of files are involved), it would
make releasing the parts just that much harder...

Maybe comments could be left by the submitter somewhere to prompt you when
preparing an update? Still relies on it being seen, I guess.

Maybe in this case I should resubmit the 170 & 171 parts?

Nope.  That wouldn't fix it.

Yes, I see. I could re-submit them as x170 and x171, but I don't know if the
system would let me? And besides...

You could submit an updated x170c01.  That would
resolve the current situation.

I think that's the best solution.

ROSCO