 CAD / 11759
Re: STL File for 3D Printing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.events
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 22:16:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tommy Armstrong wrote:
   I am also interested in getting an stl file of a 2x4 brick as well as a 4x4 plate. What I would really like is to create a 6”x6” or 12”x12” base plate out of 1/4” acrylic plexiglass (or hardrock maple) for a project I have in mind. I have a really cheap cnc machine and supposedly have the software to take a stl file and create a 3d model out of it. Never have used it because had no desire to learn how to create the files and not enough money to buy a scanner to do so. But if I had a file, I would like to give it a try. If it worked, might be just the thing for small runs of custom parts.

Tommy,

I can get you those tomorrow. (I just got remember is all.) Wood parts cnc’d would be pretty cool. I could get you an stl file for a baseplate (whatever number of studs by whatever number of studs) if you’d like as well. Those would be pretty easy. (Gotta be easier than the minifig I did for Tim.)

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG | CLB