 CAD / 11746
Re: STL File for 3D Printing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.events
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 2004 20:05:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney wrote:
   I’d like to have a few LEGO bricks 3D printed at SIGGRAPH this year. I have a contact who is willing to print up the bricks for me using a StrataSys machine [1].

Cool.

   Can someone please create and send me an ASCII STL file of a 2x4 brick?
Also, any other neat parts that would print up. I’d love to see if the machine can handle one of these:

Hmm.. tricky. I know the machines we have in our model shop at work could handle those, not sure about the StratsSys machine though.

   Simple VRML files will work also. Please email me with your files and with any questions.

I can get you stl files, no problem. Feel free to email me a grocery list of parts you would like. So long as they aren’t too complicated, I should be able to model them up during the week and send you all the files you’d like.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG | CLB