 CAD / *38145 (-20)
  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

--SNIP-- (...) The shading and drawing could be done only once per angle (three total in the picture you gave before). Since the shading depends only on the relative angle of the stud and light-source all you'd need do is pass the nearest light (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Inexplicable error in LPub

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> schreef in bericht news:IIHww8.1GAA@lugnet.com... (...) And judging by the message "LPub 2.4.5.0 available" I see that did not take long :-) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub 2.4.5.0 available

(...) I think this is because a lot more people are using LPub now and with all the features you added in 2.3 people got testing with all kinds of models. Concidering the amount of trafic to lugnet.cad (partially my fault ;-) and the many questions (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Inexplicable error in LPub

(...) OK, then I will await patiently. (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

(...) Yeah, I considered that, The other way I thought of doing it is to create some sort of projection volume for each tri (Basically the halfspace stretching from the front face of the tri out to infinity), then clip that by the other tri's in the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  LPub 2.4.5.0 available

LPub 2.4.5.0 is available: Fixes: Overwriting of LPub\LDraw files now happens without warning. Syntax parsing problems on POINTERS now fixed. Pointers and multiple instances of callouts in nested callouts now works. LPUB MULTI_STEP SEPARATOR 0 0 now (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

(...) Hmm, How many poly's in that model? and what game is it a mod for? Balancing poly budgets in games is a non-trivial problem, how you do it is very dependant on the game, how many instances of a model is the game expected to render at once? how (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub 2.4 available

Thank you! :-) (19 years ago, 21-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

(...) One way to do this would be project rays through a model, selecting rays with random angles. Keep track of which polygons in the model initially (and finally) intersect the ray -- these polygons are visible. Repeat this process for enough (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

(...) IIRC someone did do a mod to Simcity that turned the buildings into LEGO ones. I remember that simcity came with its own building designer, but IIRC these were somehow imported from LDraw. (I'm NOT a techie guy, and you know that, so forget (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

(...) I hadn't thought of that. So the studs don't quite exist, the game engine just knows where to draw them, right? Indeed, the studs don't seem to cast shadows, though they are shaded. -Stefan- (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Seemingly insane poly counts in official games - how?

(...) Well, you're partially right, but the amount of polys per model would still be ridicilous (sp?) due to the tubes and studs still existent on the top and bottom. (URL) (...) That is an interesting idea. For BrickSpace, the game mod I'm making, (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub request

(...) I fixed this one thanks. You should know that this may not have the effect you want. The web pages are *always* created in LPub/HTML directory. So with the URL set as you describe, the pages will not be viewable on your computer unless you (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub request

--SNIP-- (...) Hi Kevin, Thanks for the help. I'll let you know if there is any problem with this technique. On a different note, I just remembered a bug I've seen lately. The HTML directory settings seems to be mis-reading from the config file as (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub request

(...) Hi Tim, The only issue I know about with this is when LPub is unpacking an MPD file into the LDraw directory, and the process blows up in the middle. Next time you try to work with the MPD, you get an error about overwriting the files. This (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

Dean Earley <dean@earlsoft.co.uk> wrote in news:IIHBxn.uvv@lugnet.com: (...) Check it now. ;) ((URL) until moderation kicks in.) Cheers! Koyan (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.trains)

  LPub request

Hi Kevin, Can I make a little request for any new version of LPub which should be easy to implement and add lots to the usability to LPub? Basically, I would like an option in the Utilities menu to wipe the ldraw file directory. The reason I ask for (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Restrict pars to LEGO set in MLCad?

(...) LDiff ? Philo (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Inexplicable error in LPub

(...) Jaco, It is my fault. I've got a fix for it, but I want to finish more testing before I release a new version. (...) Kevin (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Restrict pars to LEGO set in MLCad?

(...) I will create a release package. The only alternate name I've been given is compare...... What about lsetcomp for LDraw Set Compare Kevin (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact