 CAD / 12957
Re: LPub request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:29:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
   --SNIP--

   Hi Tim, The only issue I know about with this is when LPub is unpacking an MPD file into the LDraw directory, and the process blows up in the middle.

Next time you try to work with the MPD, you get an error about overwriting the files.

This error was important back when LPub didn’t do all its work in scratch sub directories. I didn’t want to wipe out people’s individual original files when unpacking the MPD. Now that I unpack the MPD into LPubLDraw, the check is not really needed.

I will remove this check.

You can bypass this check by checking Building Instructions->Controls->Overwrite on MPD extract.

If this is *not* the issue you are having, please provide more information.

Thanks, Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the help. I’ll let you know if there is any problem with this technique.

On a different note, I just remembered a bug I’ve seen lately. The HTML directory settings seems to be mis-reading from the config file as it gives the logical value (true or false) as the directory when there is (or ever has been) a user specified directory. You can replicate the problem by:

a) Check the “Web Pages”->”Use URL” box and type in your chosen directory (I use ../layout)

b) Save Global Config

c) Exit

d) Restart LPub and look at “Web Pages”->”Use URL”. It should be *un*checked and have a greyed out value of true.

It looks to me like you are passing the wrong pointer to the section of the config variables list (an extra incrememnt maybe?) although I don’t know exactly how you are reading the config file.

I fixed this one thanks. You should know that this may not have the effect you want.

The web pages are *always* created in LPub/HTML directory. So with the URL set as you describe, the pages will not be viewable on your computer unless you manually copy the pages from LPub/HTML to LPub/Layout.

Thanks once again for all your work (and quick responses to feedback) on LPub.

Tim

Kevin