 CAD / 12955
Re: LPub request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:04:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
   Hi Kevin,

Can I make a little request for any new version of LPub which should be easy to implement and add lots to the usability to LPub?

Basically, I would like an option in the Utilities menu to wipe the ldraw file directory.

The reason I ask for is that if you kill (or otherwise interrupt) image generation, sometimes you are left with .ldr files in there. Sometimes LPub won’t run again with the files there 1. To delete them (at least on my system) requires closing LPub, deleting the files and the rerunning LPub. Of course if I’ve forgotten to save any changes to my settings I can end up having to go through the whole process again.

Hi Tim, The only issue I know about with this is when LPub is unpacking an MPD file into the LDraw directory, and the process blows up in the middle.

Next time you try to work with the MPD, you get an error about overwriting the files.

This error was important back when LPub didn’t do all its work in scratch sub directories. I didn’t want to wipe out people’s individual original files when unpacking the MPD. Now that I unpack the MPD into LPubLDraw, the check is not really needed.

I will remove this check.

You can bypass this check by checking Building Instructions->Controls->Overwrite on MPD extract.

If this is *not* the issue you are having, please provide more information.

Thanks, Kevin

I’m guessing this shouldn’t be too hard to implement (you probably have all the procedures already) and would vgreatly enhance my use, and hopefully others. If it is more difficult than I imagine it to be, please don’t take it as a demand or a neccesity.

Thanks,

Tim

1 An XP permissions thing maybe - I hate the XP implementation of permissions and wish they’d gone for unix style but I guess that’s MS for you.