 CAD / *36125 (-20)
  Re: LPub: Rendering mainly black and dk grey models

(...) Well, probably won't make you feel any better, but have you checked any official LEGO instructions lately? They have the same problem, and they don't have to worry about shadows! But you should definitely use shadowless lights. And I haven't (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  LPub: Rendering mainly black and dk grey models

Apologies if this is the wrong group, but it didn't seem to fit too well under publishing. I'm using LPub to render a mainly black and dk grey model and its not working out too good. This is due to the fact that depending on orientation (and hence (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Some issues with the newest version of MLCad

"Andrew Westrate" <loewe_29@yahoo.com> wrote in news:I4M37z.1Hox@lugnet.com: (...) Personally I really like this behaviour. Please don't simply change this back to the old style. An option would be fine, but sometimes it's invaluable to be able to (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Problem with 41760 (mirrored 41770)

(...) Ahhh. Thanks. Go away for a few years and see what you miss? ;) (...) Thanks for the info, TC. I'll give it a try. J (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: New parts: yellow drive rod and red holder  [DAT]

And the code for the yellow drive rod: 0 Train Steam Drive Rod 0 Name: xSteamRod.dat 0 Author: Niels Karsdorp 0 Unofficial Element 0 CMDLINE -c14 0 BFC CERTIFY CW 0 --Outer Edges 2 24 0 -9 -3.25 140 -9 -3.25 2 24 0 -9 3.25 140 -9 3.25 2 24 140 -9 (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  New parts: yellow drive rod and red holder  [DAT]

Last weekend I finished the red holder part for the old yellow steam train drive rod. In this first version I ommited the small gap near the centre stud hole. For the real part this gap is used to make the hole stretch a bit to fit the stud of a (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Adjustable paths for parts

(...) Thanx for the update on this! I just have to be patient. (In the meanwhile I use a copy of the parts library, mixed with all the unofficial parts I need, at a different location on my harddisk, which I use for rendering now with the old L3P) (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Problem with 41760 (mirrored 41770)

First of all, the mirroring trick is the standard way to make pairs of parts like that. It uses the least number of bytes in the parts library, and properly behaved software shouldn't care. (Since I wrote LDView, I'm allowed to say that without (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Problem with 41760 (mirrored 41770)

I've noticed something odd when using the two 2x4 wedge plates 41769 and 41770. 41769 appears to have been built using what I consider a rather bad method of mirroring 41770 by applying a scaling/rotation matrix "trick". The problem this appears to (...) (20 years ago, 27-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Adjustable paths for parts

(...) It's coming! We agreed how it should work and I promised to make the software, which will be open source available to all CAD programmers. The software is done, I have integrated it in L3P and tested it and it works fine. I have also been (...) (20 years ago, 26-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

Mine look purhaps abit 'edgy' since I don't like to use the lgeo library. Too many parts are not available and if I combine them with the standard parts it don't look all that good. (2 URLs) first attempt>> This is my first attempt with Nico's (...) (20 years ago, 26-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Adjustable paths for parts

A while ago there was a discussion about user definable searchpaths for parts. In meanwhile MLCad uses this, but how about other programs like L3P? I am using several unofficial files, but I don't want to mess up the P and PARTS folders. Niels (20 years ago, 25-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Some issues with the newest version of MLCad

Michael, I recently noticed a couple of things in the newest version of MLCad, which behave differently from the previous versions. I hope you'll consider changing these back to the way they behaved previously. I was working with a file that had a (...) (20 years ago, 25-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

(...) Yours look good as well but the edges seem a little "jaggy". Are you using anti-aliasing? The good news is that Nico's setting are a snap to implement. -Orion (20 years ago, 25-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: New Part: 3041p01.dat Brick 45 2 x 4 Double With Headlamp Pattern

(...) 3041p01 is fine, but I like the existing peeron title "Slope Brick 45 2 x 4 Double with Blue and White Headlight Pattern" Please use your real name in the Author: line (...) Not necessary and IMHO undesirable if there are few patterned (...) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

Aaaarrghh! I thought my renderings were the bomb (URL) galery>> but now I've seen Nico's pictures, I guess I'll have to start all over! :) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: non-lego rendering using various LDraw tools

(...) I mostly meant that I knew what their windings had to be (because of the way the edges are constructed), but the code isn't aware of it. However, like you say, it's easy enough to find an extreme point and test the winding. Steve (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, FTX)

  Re: non-lego rendering using various LDraw tools

(...) You lost me there. How could you not know which is which if they already go in the opposite direction? Just take a cross product at the topmost point. If it's negative, then it's clockwise and thus a hole. Don (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, FTX)

  Re: non-lego rendering using various LDraw tools

(...) OK. My edges already were counterclockwise. :) Umm, for inside outlines (inlines?) to be clockwise, that's 'clockwise' from a global view, right? If so, then my inlines are already clockwise. But I don't know which ones are inlines, and which (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, FTX)

  Re: non-lego rendering using various LDraw tools

(...) Err, reverse course. I peeked at the autotrace source and it says in pxl-outline.c "Outside outlines are traced counterclockwise". So if you want to make things easier for me, do it that way. ;^) (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact