 CAD / 11891
11890  |  11892
Subject:
Problem with 41760 (mirrored 41770)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:16:06 GMT

I’ve noticed something odd when using the two 2x4 wedge plates 41769 and 41770. 41769 appears to have been built using what I consider a rather bad method of mirroring 41770 by applying a scaling/rotation matrix “trick”. The problem this appears to be causing is evident when using the 41769 and viewing the results in LDView with a seam width enabled under Preferences. The seam width process under LDview appears to perform a slight scaling on each element to create a small gap between each piece. Since 41769 is not a completely independantly-modeled object, the application of a matrix upon the existing matrix which was used to “shortcut” the part from 41770 causes the entire element to be scaled down diproportionately.

Here are a couple of small pics to show the issue (The nearby 41770’s are fine, but the 41769’s get scaled incorrectly)

If I turn the seams off, I don’t see the issue. This appears to be exacerbated by the size of the model. I’m working on something that is about 140x40 studs and the scaling issue is quite prevalent.

Is anyone working to create an actual 41769 rather than the one that simply applies a scaling/rotation opertion to 41770? Anyone else verify this issue? I did a search but found on discussion (other than the original “here’s how I would mirror it” trick)

TIA Jeff