 CAD / *35095 (-20)
  Re: Problem with click hinge part(s)?

(...) my click hinges, and the lugs are ALL closer to the top of vertical end wall than the bottom. The position of the lug in your new version is definitely incorrect. Whether thats a problem with the primitive or the sub-part I don't know, but it (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Problem with click hinge part(s)?

(...) Actually its the other way about. 30387 is wrong. More accurately, the subpart s/30387s01.dat does not match the guidance notes in p/clh1 and p/clh4. 0 // Placement on side of bricks; rotate accordingly, 0 // place on side 10 Ldu below top (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  META-command System For Creating Minifigs?

(...) If there is a universally working* META-command system for creating minifigs, be it LDAO's, LDDPMINIFIGGEN or any other, I'd like to push for it to be more or less an official standard. As I haven't been that engaged in this side of LCad, I am (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: ldraw newbie

(...) What do you think about the MLCAD.INI file format? It seems to contain the same sort of information as the minifig.ini file, but it's already documented, and so far it's been updated fairly promptly. It'd be really nice to standardize on one (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

I am hoping that our club, ParLUGment, will be able to participate in the container swap. There are a couple of our members planning to attend, and I am trying to organize the creation of the containers, now that we've finally decided on a logo for (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Part: 30299.dat Rock Raiders Canopy base

(...) The link to the 30298.dat mockup has expired. Do you or anyone you know have a copy of it? (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Brick 2 x 2 with Wheels and Dually Wheels

(...) Well, I actually had to do this to modell the gap in the tube. Fortunately nothing broke. (On the other hand, I have plenty of these bricks, and I'll buy even more :-D ) (...) I have both versions. I have not changed the taps or clips in this (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: License Intent

(...) I can appreciate the idea, but I doubt that you will be able to enforce that through a license for the parts library. Also, it is not always possible to implement a two-way converter between a pair of formats. Jacob (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: License Intent

(...) The spirit of what I'm trying to get at is this: if someone wants to read LDraw into a proprietary format, shouldn't they also write LDraw? Taking an open format and importing it into a closed format, without a way to write back to the open (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  *** MLSave V1.10 ***

Hi to everybody! MLSave the first MLCad compatible screen saver for windows is now available in Version 1.10. New features are: - New option for randomly selecting a model from a directory - Perspective viewing of the model - New display action (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Non-commercial clause (was Re: License Intent )

(...) The GPL does not require re-submission to the original source. (...) You don't have to send the changes back to the maintainers, you only have to make the source of the changes freely available to everyone, you're even allowed to charge a (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Non-commercial clause (was Re: License Intent )

(...) Sorry - my mistake. (...) Ok, yes, that was my point - you can't keep the changes to yourself, you have to publish them, so that they could (in theory) be merged with the original library. (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Brick 2 x 2 with Wheels and Dually Wheels

(...) My advise is: Don't try this at home! Those tap or clips broke very easily even when they were new, and I guess time hasn't made then less fragile... Then we had to fix them with a 3022 Brick 2x2 or a broken 650 Nylon Coupling (...) That was a (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Brick 2 x 2 with Wheels and Dually Wheels

Niels - Looks nice! On some of my older 2x2 wheel bricks there is a gap which allows the axle to be removed and/or snapped into the brick. On the newer bricks the metal axle cannot be removed (looks similar to your ldraw part). I'll see if I can (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Part 2495, Minifig Hand Truck

Has anyone heard anything new about the minifig Hand Truck, part number 2495 (URL) ? Last thing I've noticed is from two years ago, someone said "nope, not yet". I was just seeing if anyone was working on it. It's not in the parts tracker, but that (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Ebrace and Extend (was Re: Non-commercial clause)

(...) You are corrrect. Re-submission is not required. Library changes only need to be published. [snip] (...) Agreed. It is bunch of work for just about everybody involved. However, the result is typically better than if you go off on your own. (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MakePart.c (Was: Baseplate generator program)

Hi, "Tore Eriksson" <tore.eriksson@mbox3...wipnet.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HywH7z.GLE@lugnet.com... (...) <SNIP> cool I'll give it a try! Thanks a lot, Michael (20 years ago, 6-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ebrace and Extend (was Re: Non-commercial clause)

(...) Understood. (...) Agreed. (...) As long as people understand the trade-offs. Adding redistribution restriction clauses is tricky and hard to get right. Frequently people can work around them. (...) It is quite possible, although I doubt that (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: high res bushlocks?  [DAT]

(...) You're probably right. I just remembered that the bushlocks are divided into 32 segments which is fairly colse to 48. Though the notches in bushloc3 would probably align better with the studs if they used the high res primitves at least in (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  MakePart.c (Was: Baseplate generator program)

I knew I had it somewhere... If this code snippet can be of any use, anyone is free to use it. Notes: The main() is just an example on how to call the makepart() function. The groove option does not work. There really should be an outputfilename (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jun-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact