 CAD / 11516
Re: ldraw newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 18:02:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:

Yeah, but there are cross platform toolkits for that sort of thing.
I was thinking of using your minifig.ini file.  I like the extensibility
that it offers.  I think I could whip up something portable pretty quick
if I saw how you parse the ini file and generate the final matrices for
the various parts.  A first cut at the previewer could be done with a
300x200 ldglite window in polling mode.

It's simple.  I'll write at post it this weekend.

What do you think about the MLCAD.INI file format?  It seems to contain
the same sort of information as the minifig.ini file, but it's already
documented, and so far it's been updated fairly promptly.  It'd be
really nice to standardize on one file format for minifig generator
tools to avoid duplication of effort.

I have no idea what you mean by a META command based system.

For cross platform compatibiliy, since I can't write a GUI, I have
to parse META commands.

Oh, that sort of META command.

I'd like to standardize on the LDAO style minifig generator META
commands.  Maybe add these:

  MINIFIG HEADWEAR
  MINIFIG NECKWEAR
  MINIFIG RIGHTTOOL
  MINIFIG LEFTTOOL
  MINIFIG RIGHTSHOE
  MINIFIG LEFTSHOE
  MINIFIG END

I wonder if it'd be useful to add something like this:

  MINIFIG RIGHTSEAT
  MINIFIG LEFTFOOTREST

To attach things to the backs of the legs?

I haven't updated the Minifig Generator to look in the
LDraw.ini (there is a work around to this if you want to know).

Yes, I suspect I used a regedit script to work around it, but I'd
be happy to hear about a better way.

Don