 CAD / 11509
Re: ldraw newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 00:06:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
The vast majority of my work is in Delphi (with a small smattering of C
and VB for good measure)

As far a portabiliy is concerned, I'm not sure if I can.  The way windows
are created across platform is fundimentally different.

Yeah, but there are cross platform toolkits for that sort of thing.
I was thinking of using your minifig.ini file.  I like the extensibility
that it offers.  I think I could whip up something portable pretty quick
if I saw how you parse the ini file and generate the final matrices for
the various parts.  A first cut at the previewer could be done with a
300x200 ldglite window in polling mode.

I would have to
switch to a META command based system which could be imposing to the LDraw
newbie.  Any ideas on this?

I have no idea what you mean by a META command based system.

Besides, my Minifig gen isn't even compatible with the current version of
LDDP

Did something happen to the plugin interface that I don't know about?
Anyhow, I wrote a standalone wrapper executable that'll run any of the
old LDDP plugins so that's not really a problem for me.

Don