 CAD / 11506
Re: ldraw newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 01:20:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
I tried putting together a minfig and this was much worse--I just
couldn't get the arms to look right with the torso and then the hands
in the arm sockets.  And this was with the arms straight down at
the fig's side, not trying to pose or anything.  Is there any secret
to this, or is this just something that will come with practice?  As
it is I'm dreading the thought of trying to actually pose some figs
in a virtual diorama.

It's a lot easier with a specialized minifig modeler program.  There are
several choices for the PC, but I don't know if MCB has one yet.  Maybe you
could try and convince Orion to work on his LDDP minifig modeler plugin to
make it portable?  I'm sure that'd be a more stimulating intellectual
challenge than that silly java-3D stuff he's currently fiddling with. ;^)

I've been thinking of making a portable one myself with GLUI, but I prefer
to build on top of someone else's code if it's available, rather than
re-invent the wheel.  Leaves more time for playing...

Don