 CAD / 11510
Re: ldraw newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 00:53:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
The vast majority of my work is in Delphi (with a small smattering of C
and VB for good measure)

As far a portabiliy is concerned, I'm not sure if I can.  The way windows
are created across platform is fundimentally different.

Yeah, but there are cross platform toolkits for that sort of thing.
I was thinking of using your minifig.ini file.  I like the extensibility
that it offers.  I think I could whip up something portable pretty quick
if I saw how you parse the ini file and generate the final matrices for
the various parts.  A first cut at the previewer could be done with a
300x200 ldglite window in polling mode.

It's simple.  I'll write at post it this weekend.

I would have to
switch to a META command based system which could be imposing to the LDraw
newbie.  Any ideas on this?

I have no idea what you mean by a META command based system.

For cross platform compatibiliy, since I can't write a GUI, I have to parse META
commands.  Here's an example:

0 LDDPMINIFIGGEN HEAD 3626B 14 45

This would output a minifig with the standard smily head, color 14, and rotated
45 degrees on the Y axis and all the other parts with built in defaults.

Besides, my Minifig gen isn't even compatible with the current version of
LDDP

Did something happen to the plugin interface that I don't know about?
Anyhow, I wrote a standalone wrapper executable that'll run any of the
old LDDP plugins so that's not really a problem for me.

We haven't changed the interface but any plugin that wants the values formerly
stored by LDDP in the registry (i.e. the LDRAW base directory) now have to look
in the LDraw.ini file.  I haven't updated the Minifig Generator to look in the
LDraw.ini (there is a work around to this if you want to know).

-Orion

-Orion