 CAD / *34105 (-20)
  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

(...) Thanks everyone. I solved my problem in a little different manner, but all this helps me a lot. Now I won't say "I don't know where I'd be without you guys", because I know exactly where I would have a permanent residence: in a state asylum (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: surface normals and vertex normals for OpenGL

(...) <SNIP> (...) That does help a lot. Thanks much. Brian Durney (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Ok, so maybe there was a bit of irony, considering Mac OS X's roots are much older than 9's. But the lack of pre-emptive multiprocessing, protected memory, and other more evolved stuff does make OS 9 a dinosaur. Apple's washed their hands of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

(...) That is correct Orion. (...) L3P uses matrix because a line type 1 already is a matrix. It didn't occur to me to set the last three elements of the matrix as zeros and printing them in a separate translate statement in stead. Speed is only a (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

The first matrix scales the part for a seam width. The second orients the part to your cad file. The last three numbers in the scond matrix are the location. povray rotates around world 0,0,0. so take your lines from this: object { _3003_dot_dat (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) rofl. I think this qualifies as quote of the day. Steve (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

(...) The first 'matrix' specifies the *size* of the brick (depending on the Seam Width setting). The second one defines the rotation and translation of the brick. The first nine numbers are the rotation matrix, and the last three are the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

(...) One to One (...) Matrix is faster because a matrix defines rotation, translation, scaling, and skewing all in the same statement. (...) You can translate without replacing the matrix. Here's a typical POV matrix: matrix (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Hu6s61.1FM9@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) "Snip", you got me two days sleeping ;-) I do not have anything against additional keyword, but I realy do not get what's behind them (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Can someone explain the method to the madness...

Well, I don't know if it's madness or not, but it's driving me mad, at any rate. Can some kind soul explain either or both of the following: 1) What is the conversion system for MLCAD units to POV units, when not using LGEO? 2) Why does L3P create (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  m10027 (trainshed)

i completed the train shed with dat files: (URL) am currently working on a extention part that can be used by having an extra m10027 to make from. (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) Oh. I thought you were talking about overlapping walls. I also just remembered that I had used an earlier version of LDBoxer, that replaced bricks regardless of position, to convert Datsville. (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Animation using Datsville

I'm working on some code to do this now : ) It's an extension of a utility I wrote a week ago that takes an Ldraw file and parses all the submodels and parts to give one a list of the pieces needed to build it. This new version just parses things (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Any news about LCD and LMPL ?

(...) Well, Willy, as you could read in my posting </cad/?n=10984 The LCD guys strike again,> LCD and LMPL is available for download. Meanwhile, I've established my new site at (URL); you'll found my Lego related works on the personal home page. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd, FTX)

  Re: Any news about LCD and LMPL ?

(...) w. ps. no it's not a joke! yes, it's a serious question. (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  New Part: 3629pw1.dat - Minifig Hat Cowboy with Cavalry Logo Pattern

hi folks, I've just posted this part to the PT: (URL) w. www.holly-wood.it ps. hopefully this time I got all the cond. lines right ;-) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New experimental LeoCAD parts update available

(...) Librairies are not compatible, but you can import Ldraw parts in LeoCAD (File > Parts manager > file > import pieces). You must exist and restart LeoCAD before imported parts are available. Parts should be in a valid LDraw folder structure so (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Multiple MovedTo Arguments Really Legal?

(...) I'd like to see us stick with "deprecated" if we possibly can. Even if we have to explain it to E2L speakers, because it has a very precise meaning which is just the meaning we want, I think. (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: surface normals and vertex normals for OpenGL

(...) I suspect this has been talked about in this group before, but probably not all in one thread. I'll try to summarize the things to look out for. First of all, you are correct in that any files that aren't BFC-certified have polygons with (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Steering Committee candidate Orion Pobursky - backgrounder and position statement

(...) [snip] (...) Thanks, Orion, for posting this. Everyone - I've spent quite a bit of time working with Orion on the web site, and discussing other community issues. I've also had the pleasure of working with him in person at a couple LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact