 CAD / *27140 (-20)
  Re: Rotation of Systems

(...) Yup, you remember correctly. Actually, I solved my problem after looking at your code. -Orion (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Rotation of Systems

(...) Actually, if I remember right, the Minifig Modeler in LDAO uses LDLite statements for placement and rotation. Of course, it's been awhile since I was in that code, so I could be hallucinating... 0 TRANSLATE <to end of arm> 0 ROTATE <wrist into (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: How accurate need bricks to be?

(...) Another problem: by standards, LDraw bricks are modeled with the walls being 4LDU thick. Most stud-hugging ribs on current versions of bricks would not protrude outside of a 4LDU wall. So the ribs won't show unless we make the walls thinner. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Sticker parts numbers (was Re: How accurate ....)

(...) Yes, that was the finalest agreement. Steve (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  10020, 10022 and 10025 files available

Hi, Loads of people asked for this and finally they are available; the Santa Fe files. Please read the Read me (in the zip or just hoover over the word readme on the page, clicking doesn't get you anywhere for some reason). Word of causion: the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: How accurate need bricks to be?

(...) Yes, I believe the presence or absence of tubes should be modelled as this does impact the functionality. The ribs are less important, IMHO, but if I were modelling this part _now_ I would include them. Chris (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: #580 / Old parts

(...) I too have both versions, the old in white and the new I have both in black and white. I thought the old version was very rare, because I haven't encountered them until quite recently. /Tore (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Gack! I'll have to put together a release package to get out all the borland libraries that are needed I guess. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: small brick variances (was How accurate need bricks to be?)

Niels, Some of those old 700 variations are shown on my parts compare page: (URL) think there is also a version with 2 rows of tubes, but I don't have a picture of it yet. For even more minor variations click on the Mold Variants folder: (URL) not (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Hi Kevin, When I try to test Lsynth, my system (Win2000 french) complains that CC3250.DLL can not be found. Is it a standard component or is it specific to your program ? Philo www.philohome.com (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LD4DModeler 1.0 Beta 3

Based upon my discovery today I think it is beter if people do NOT use the new rotation and center point definitions of models with animations. This because I've discoverd that these two coordinates are being swapt somewhere. Also the placement when (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: #580 / Old parts

(...) Please note that there are two versions! The old version is fully round. The newer version has flattened sides as shown on: (URL) have both versions (the old one in white, the new ones in black), but I don't want to break them to model those (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: How accurate need bricks to be?

I asked about the accuracy at the bottom of the bricks (URL) answered: (...) In the case of brick 700, I know that the old versions did NOT have any tubes at the bottom. Is that something that should be modeled? I don't have any of those olde 700s, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: next dragon part

(...) Thanks, I submitted to the tracker. Next is the head. CU BB (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

I've created a small web page showing you the basics of lsynth, some example pictures, and a zip with example LDR files that specify syhnthesis, as well as the program lsynth. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: next dragon part

Hello Bernd, very nice done so far. Keep up the good work! Play well Carsten "Bernd Broich" <bernd.broich@online.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:H2xqo8.E5t@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  next dragon part  [DAT]

Hi all, here is the next one. I know there is the unofficial name "crocodile/dragon tail", but I think that this isn't as good as a name with only one of the two animals. Still to do the triangles at the peg and optional lines. 0 Animal Dragon Tail (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Wow, sounds pretty exciting! Thanks for the update, I can hardly wait! (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Here is an update on formalizing synthesis. For now, I'v decided to make the synhtesizer a stand alone program that runs at a command prompt like L3P. The program is called lsynth. It takes two command parameters: source LDR name amd destination LDR (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact