 CAD / *26250 (-20)
  Color fidelity - duplicating brick colors in print

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'll start here... I'm trying to work up some artwork to print (on a T-shirt or sticker or something), and I want the final printed colors to match "official" Lego brick colors, specifically Red and Green. Is (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Nice microfig Star Trek render

(...) Bummer. I've been working on a realistic planet generator in POVRay for a while now, and was hoping someone had a better solution than mine! :-, But thanks for the link, just looking at the output from Lunarcell is giving me new ideas... (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad.ray)

  RE: High Quality Technic Friction Pegs DATS

William, Thanks for the effort. Thise scans really do look good! In the end, I used MLCad to generate wireframes and has my wife (an architefctural renderer) trace the contours using a good old Pilot Fineliner. Then I scanned the drawing and cleaned (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Part in progress - Baseplate 32 x 32 with Craters

hi ampi, sorry for the late reply but I was abroad for a few days. (...) hmm... thanks for the hint. I started doing part-authoring just a few months ago and I'm not very familiar with all the ldraw-specifications. (...) I use Reflections 4.3. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: High Quality Technic Friction Pegs DATS

(...) Don't know if you still need to illustrate the point, but if so, I have just scanned the 5 technic pegs I have at 600dpi to show the ridges. (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New version of MLCad command spec

(...) Us bloody brits use licence normally, although often have to use license as the terrible spelling of the yanks has crept into our daily lives ;) Dan (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  New Lego Accessories

Dude, thank-you! Thank you for actualizing all of our collective concepts regardin' the holsters and other minifig accessory armaments!!! =P (URL) actual created arm & leg guards that I (as well as many among us) have only scantly fathomed few times (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  visor

Has anyone made the following visor into a .dat yet? I would like to use it for my castle guards. (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

"Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ote2lu87meh0ltv...4ax.com... (...) Maybe it's not written in the right way ... what I ment was that developers should make clear that if they are not 100% mlcad compatible from the language (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Nice microfig Star Trek render

It's the same picture of the Constitution from the microfigure gallery. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's not Pov-Ray. I used Adobe Photoshop on it. I used the filter "Lunarcell" to make the planet, then I added the Constitution, I noticed the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Detemining Polygon Winding (Was: New Plugin for LDDesignPad)

(...) Oops, I guess you caught me. I knew about that one but I'm too lazy to implement it. Isn't that the method used by MLCAD? (...) Yeah, probably. Seems like only yesterday I was all excited about some code snippet of his that I found on the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Polygon Winding (Was: New Plugin for LDDesignPad)

Portals. It's not backface culling, it's testing all polygons for visibility using possible rays through the openings, or from the sides of a bounding box. This is no longer culling based on front/back but true visibility that is computed once at (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Polygon Winding (Was: New Plugin for LDDesignPad)

(...) OK, but if the quads and triangles don't form a single closed surface, or actually a bunch of closed surfaces, then the algorithm won't work. However, like I said, if you find something that works, post the code or the algorithm and you'll be (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Polygon Winding (Was: New Plugin for LDDesignPad)

(...) Yes but I'm not parsing primitive subfiles in my plugin, just quads and triangles. -Orion (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Polygon Winding (Was: New Plugin for LDDesignPad)

(...) I love searching lugnet for neat old stuff... (URL) can't remember if any working code ever came out of this 3 year old thread, but this *is* a nifty sounding algorithm. If I were working on that plugin, I'd probably go back and read the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Polygon Winding (Was: New Plugin for LDDesignPad)

(...) I wouldn't bother. This well known algorithm is based on an assumption that simply isn't true for the parts files. The assumption is that there is one single enclosed space inside of each part. But I think the studs are open at one end and are (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  numbers report - 7 August 2002

Stats for Unofficial Files 213 certified files. 222 files need admin review. 160 files need more votes. 241 have uncertified subfiles. 133 held files. 969 files total. For comparison: 2002-08-07 - 213 / 222 / 160 / 241 / 133 (969) 2002-07-16 - 131 / (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Nice microfig Star Trek render

...From Chris Rudesill, in his Brickshelf folder (warning, large image): (URL) how'd you render this? Is it POVRay? I really really like the planet and its features. The lighting is amazing too -- it's an effect I've been trying (in vain) to (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Beginner's tutorial to programming LDraw utilities (Delphi Edition)

(...) Thanks! (...) There are lots of free resources for Delphi newbies on the net + a very good context sensitive online help. The description you requested is only a keystroke away (for those who have Delphi installed.) The Delphi help system is (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Polygon Winding (Was: New Plugin for LDDesignPad)

(...) Thanks for the info, but it's easier written than applied. It'll take an entire revamp of my code. -Orion (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact