 Boats / 454 (-10)
  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

Oh, one more... If you don't know what to do with your orange, here you go: (URL) (20 years ago, 22-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) I agree... Here's a snap of a small container ship. Note that it's only 5 containers long and about 6 or so wide (URL) think it's an NL ship, actually. So there are small ones out there, as well as the monsters (URL) some are presumably (...) (20 years ago, 22-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) From my model railroading I know all about selective compressing and there's usually a certain breaking point where it looses it's effect and becomes silly. IMHO the 4-w container is at least close to that if you use it together with minifigs (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) I have, both from the air, and up close, (and in articles in TRAINS) and I agree. (...) I just don't have enough brick(1) to do very many of them and I'd rather go for a huge pile of smaller containers that I CAN do, and 2 or 3 ships instead (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains)

  Re: for those who can't wait - pictures from 10152

Jonathan Lopes wrote in message ... (...) of (...) copies I had the same reaction when I saw the detailed pics. As far as I can see there's only one layer of M Blue bricks, and they look like mostly 1x8's or other large size. Pity. Actually I'm more (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) I can see both sides of this, but I'm more swayed by 'selective compression', as Larry mentioned. For example-- Jeff VW set up his harbour cranes at a few of our train shows-- (URL) the 'standard' 4x8xwhatever freight containers. The cranes (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) While on one side I'd say that you're right here, on the other hand some things in proper proportions can get a point across much better. (URL) you've ever seen a real terminal, you'll know it's really overwhelming. I think using 4*6 or 4*8 (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) I agree with Larry here (...) Larry introduced me to this term/concept and this is what I had in mind. The container size is the key. The model seems to have 5 rows of 2-wide containers and you would want 4-wide which IIRC is what the train (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A little math concerning ships, containers and Minifigs

I think we should build 3-wide trains to fit these new 2-wide containers... ;-) JohnG, GMLTC fut .trains, just to rile John Neal... (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) (snip) (...) Well, that's sharp and all, but I think building to scale really misses the point. That container's 8 wide! I prefer my scenes more packed with detail rather than doing one 10 foot long ship so that I can fit my to scale (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact