 Belville / * (-20)
Re: LEGO® Friends 2012 Launch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.belville
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2011 14:44:20 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Ray Sanders wrote:

   My first thought upon seeing them was “is Belville coming back ?”

I personally hope so, because my girls still miss Belville.

-- Brian Davis

Re: LEGO® Friends 2012 Launch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.belville
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:06:43 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Abner Finley wrote:
   BILLUND, Denmark (December 19, 2011) /PRNewswire/

LEGO® GROUP DECLARES NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION FOR 2012: DELIVER MEANINGFUL PLAY EXPERIENCES TO GIRLS WORLDWIDE WITH NEW LEGO® FRIENDS

The new Friends sets are beginning to appear at WalMart US. I saw about 7 or 8 of them on a shelf a few days ago. My first thought upon seeing them was “is Belville coming back ?”

Subject:
Brickworld Belville Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.belville, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 02:13:10 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

From the Brickworld wire:

Brickworld Announces a Belville (yes, you read that right-Belville) Contest. Rules are as follows:

1) The MOC can be whatever you like- build a castle, a service station, or any other building. Build a coach, a hovercraft, or any other comportage, or do a scene or tableau. Size limit is 48x48 baseplate.

2) Not all of the pieces have to be Belville, but uniquely Belville pieces must be an essential part of the MOC in both design and structure AND a majority of the pieces must be Belville pieces and/or Belville colors (ie white, pink, purple, various transparents and pastels). Also consider other decorated pieces. For example the decorated pieces from the Scorpion Palace coordinate well with the Belville “winter” colors.

3) We know this will disappoint some of you, but the MOC should be consistent in tone with Belville themes. That doesn’t mean there have to be horses or fairies in it, but it does mean nothing violent or kinky. Beyond that, originality is greatly encouraged.

4) Using minifigs instead of the “big figs” is strongly encouraged, but if your design requires the “big figs” that’s ok. Non-Belville minifigs will not count in your “piece percentage” of non-Belville pieces. Use as many as you like.

5) For official contest entries, no customization allowed (cutting, gluing, painting, etc- but who would do such a thing?) and no motorization allowed. However, we would love to include your customized or motorized Belville-type MOC in our display, so PLEASE DO bring it, but mark it “exhibit only”. Exhibit only MOCs may also be bigger than the 48x48 max for competition entries.

Scoff if you like, then have some fun giving it a try. We expect great things.

Any questions about this contest can be directed to Esther Walner, Belville Contest Coordinator at this address.

Share • Learn • Explore • Discover
www.brickworld.us

Subject:
Advent Calendar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:40:43 GMT

I was so excited when I saw it on the S@H site I had to tell someone.  LEGO®
Belville™ Advent Calendar, set 7600, 215 pieces, $29.99 Canadian ($19.99 US).
Large cat, kitten, teddy bear, bunny with carrot.  Ohhh.

Gail Meagher

Subject:
Classic Space Meets Belville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.belville
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 07:23:22 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The Blue Belle Space Patroller, or just “Belle” for short, is perfect for extraplanetary excursions from the ol’ moon ranch or Tritonian ice castle. She comfortably seats two, and can easily carry the goods for a nice Martian picnic, cometary ski-fest or even a nature photography outing on the extraordinary world of Rainbow’s Gold. This space ship has a nice, trans-red smile, with big, friendly-eye windscreens--she tends to bring cheer wherever she goes:

The “Space Bunny” serves as the ship’s maintenance robot, pilot, cook and all-around best friend. The Space Bunny’s laser eyes are useful for fending off meteoroid strikes, various extra-terrestrial vermin and instantly boiling water for tea. As the above photo was taken, Princess of Triton, Autumn Dawn, to the right, said, “This solar wind sure is mussing up my hare!” These bunnies are very tolerant.

Below, some of the Belle’s details are revealed. She has a powerful, ruddy headlamp to help the vehicle “see,” including in the infrared. Also bright in the visible spectrum, the light can be quite useful to the occupants, especially on low-flying nighttime excursions.

An interior detail reveals the light switch, which is built right into the dash. The seats look a bit Spartan, but they accommodate long, flowing dresses real well. Interior storage is located behind the seats. A large bank of computers provides instant information from the Belle’s myriad sensors. Plus, the computers also serve as the backup pilot in case something happens to the ever-vigilant Space Bunny. The reliability of this ship’s automation is such that hand controls are optional. The center console is a perfect place to keep the essentials, such as a cup of hot chocolate, gems and kitty chow.

This ship was inspired by my daughter, who has a bit of a Belville collection. :o)

The Belle will probably visit Brickfest 2007.

Enjoy & have a great day!

-best,

Wolf

Re: Where are the Belville lovers..?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:37:34 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Damien Nesbit wrote:

Leo,

Sorry to have been away for so long. There have been a few things keeping me out of the loop, but its mainly been a new job and much less free time. Shortly after our last series of postings, I finally got to work on customizing some pieces to work towards the goal that you mention above. I’m at my job now, so I can’t post flicks immedeately, but I’ll get ‘em up on brickshelf & post a notice here ASAP. I think that you’ll like what I’ve been able to accomplish so far. Anyways, keep your eyes peeled.

Cheers, Damien

Hi Damien,

At first ,congratulations with your new job. And I too have that problem of having not much free time. But I am looking forward to see more of your wonderful creations. They are very inspiring, and I like them very much.

It amazes me that, seemingly, only a few people can use this Belville figures in an interesting way. Well, maybe some good pictures will change that a little..

Leo..

Re: Where are the Belville lovers..?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:09:33 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Leo Vermeulen wrote:
   My greatest wish; Belville scaled knights, soldiers, and so on. ...With all movable limbs...

Leo,

Sorry to have been away for so long. There have been a few things keeping me out of the loop, but its mainly been a new job and much less free time. Shortly after our last series of postings, I finally got to work on customizing some pieces to work towards the goal that you mention above. I’m at my job now, so I can’t post flicks immedeately, but I’ll get ‘em up on brickshelf & post a notice here ASAP. I think that you’ll like what I’ve been able to accomplish so far. Anyways, keep your eyes peeled.

Cheers, Damien

Subject:
Building a Belville Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:51:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Nothing soft and pink with these Belville ladies. Here, they are laying tiles on
the floor of the Chapel of Sokenniwell Castle. Why is it, that always the girls
do the hard work in the Belville society?
Simply, TLG forgot, and still  forget, to give us enough males to do the job.

Enjoy...

Re: Where are the Belville lovers..?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2006 15:26:41 GMT

I've just found another 'pretty gruesome' one :-)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bricklovinfreakboy/229767747/

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen

Re: Where are the Belville lovers..?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 06:18:59 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
   Well, at least there are a few builders on Brickshelf that use Belville figures in interesting ways:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=kezzart
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Damien27

And in the long fan-driven range of tribute remakings of set #1692 - Town Square in other LEGO themes, there is also a Belville one: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=60584

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen

Some of these examples show us that Belville figures can be used in a non-pink and non-sissy way. The problem is that TLG has decided to make this theme only for girls. And almost automatically, boys don’t like them. But for the adult builders, they have lots of possibilities, because of their flexibility and better proportions. In my opinion, it is almost a shame that the newer ones has rigid arms and feet, but undoubtedly this is due to cheaper production costs. What a pity.

My greatest wish; Belville scaled knights, soldiers, and so on. ...With all movable limbs...

Re: Where are the Belville lovers..?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2006 21:11:33 GMT

Well, at least there are a few builders on Brickshelf that use Belville figures in interesting ways:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=kezzart
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Damien27

And in the long fan-driven range of tribute remakings of set #1692 - Town Square in other LEGO themes, there is also a Belville one: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=60584

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen

Re: Where are the Belville lovers..?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 05:43:57 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Melody Brown wrote:
In lugnet.belville, Leo Vermeulen wrote:
What has happened with the good old Belville theme? It isn’t even mentioned as a
shortcut on the home page of Lugnet anymore. I like this figures simply because
they have exact the right scale. And what is more, they have movable knees and
elbows. That is to say, the older ones.
Their proportions are better than the standard minifig, so you can make your
models in a better length/width ratio.
I think, Belville don’t need to be all pink and sissy. My belvilles, for
instance, are building Sokenniwel Castle, maybe not the biggest, but certainly
the most powerful castle in LEGO-history.
Is it really only me who like this Belville figures more than the standard
minifig within this whole LEGO-community?

I like them too, I think some of them are rather cute ;)  I think you will find
a few more who also like them, maybe they are only reading this and not joining
in with their say or they simply do not read lugnet at all, or even have seen
this post :) But I am sure they are out there!

I love the food too (they share with Scala and system) and lots of the other
goodies and colours.... mmmm :)

I am looking forward to seeing your castle, sounds neat, do you have any
pictures of it so far?

Mel

May I invite you for a grand tour to Sokenniwell Castle?

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=legomaat

Building time; 5 years and still going..
Finally, it will be a tourist attraction, with a terrace,and so on, and full of
all kind of Belville figures..

Re: Where are the Belville lovers..?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:44:24 GMT

[...]

Subject:
Where are the Belville lovers..?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:14:06 GMT

What has happened with the good old Belville theme? It isn’t even mentioned as a
shortcut on the home page of Lugnet anymore. I like this figures simply because
they have exact the right scale. And what is more, they have movable knees and
elbows. That is to say, the older ones.
Their proportions are better than the standard minifig, so you can make your
models in a better length/width ratio.
I think, Belville don’t need to be all pink and sissy. My belvilles, for
instance, are building Sokenniwel Castle, maybe not the biggest, but certainly
the most powerful castle in LEGO-history.
Is it really only me who like this Belville figures more than the standard
minifig within this whole LEGO-community?

Re: Wedding Cake Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 01:21:36 GMT

I have been lucky enough to see this belville vortex in the brick.
I also hope to see more photos as this pic realy doesn't do justice to the
detail of the peice. Stairwells, gallows, ect.
Well done Pete.
Perhaps if you post more photos, you might like to show the rest of it ?

Steve

Re: Wedding Cake Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 06:29:26 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Pete White wrote:
Not the WC, it's the Wedding Cake Tower (WCT) thanks Bob for the name ;^)

This is a MOC from approximately 18-24 months ago, where I tried to incorporate
as many Belville pieces as possible, in the end you can probably only see 30% of
them and in the photo about 20%.

Using light yellow, light violet, dark pink, white, yellow, orange and
trans-pink in large dollops, it's an icecream vendors nightmare.

Departing a great deal from the original plan while building, an outer facade
covered up some things I wasn't happy with and concealed some problems with
scale.

The first storey is chunky and would have been reworked, if it didn't mean total
demolition. Call it a work in limbo. I dont mind the top, where it reverted to a
more traditional castley feel in white and trans-pink.

Only one photo at the moment, I'll get some more that show design details in the
coming week.

-pete.w

Nice work pete.w!

Any chance of inverting the tower and remodelling the bottom part while
preserving the top?

Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

Subject:
Wedding Cake Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.belville
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 04:18:08 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

[...]

Subject:
SNVT Build-a-Train (Fantasy Catagory)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.belville
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 14:25:37 GMT

I just wanted to make sure all you non-train heads out there were aware that one
of the catagories for the SNVT Build-a-Train contest is "Fantasy".  We wanted to
allow everyone participate and this is were everyone can participate.  Some
ideas...

Castle themed passenger train.
Space themed cargo train.
Pirate Raiders.
Viking Long "Train".
Etc. Etc.

I didn't think this part of the contest was given enough attention in my
origional post so I wanted to draw attention to it now.

For full contest rules please look here...

http://save.9vtrains.com/index.php?topic=contest

I hope to see some really cool "Fantasy" trains over the coarse of the contest!

FUT -> lugnet.general

Thanks,

Eric Kingsley

Subject:
"On the waterfront"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:53:51 GMT

It is very quiet in the Belville corner. To set it afloat again, a little
scenery.

Not from me, but a good friend of me.

Re: I posted some new pics y'all, otherwise known as the confessions of a belville builder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:41:58 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Damien Nesbit wrote:
Um, Okay.
     Belville.  Its so sissy.  How do we toughen it up?  Easy. Eliminate the
pink, then add weapons.
     For those of you that have seen my "Redbrick Island" layout, I've
constructed a swordshoppe to add to it. Whereas the rest of the island's
buildings basically have 3 open sides and a detailled facade, this bulding is
"closed" on two sides so that the proprietor can display as many weapons as
possible. This will probably be rebuilt as I can decide how to display more
weapons as without being too cluttered.

the link:

     After running a search for "technic figure" or "maxi-fig" or some other
similar term through the brickshelf galleries, I discovered the aformentioned
work of Brent (see previous posts to .belville).  It inspired me to try to build
a spacecraft for my little uglies.  I'm not that impressed with it, and I hated
it more and more with each added brick, but I really wanted to complete it and
document it as an excercise. So I did.  FYI: I still haven't disassembled it,
though I swear that I'm going to.

the link:

     However, the starspeeder is not the only thing that needs a tear down.  I
really want to pull it all apart soon and try to work on something big.
Although I should mention that a large part of my motivation when working on my
belville creations is an attempt to illustrate to TLG how to expand the line. I
usually build with a "set mentality", thinking all the while of at least
presenting a format for cool, affordable, belville sets.  Either way, most of my
parts are tied up in construction, and it was working within the limits of my
collection that generated this building:

the link:

     Finally, I've been reading a lot about brikwars and thinking about the
general structure of incorporating belville combatants into the fabric of the
games.  So here are some of the weapons that we might see produced en masse when
equipping your Belville Brikwarriors.

Archers:

Shields:

Long Pole Arm aka 2 Constables man a checkpoint:

sorry to talk so much, i hope that you enjoy it.

Word.

D.

Brilliant again, Damien.

I especially like the outpost of the archers. This is a good inspiration for
doing something more with these little ladies.

Till now I used them only as a sort of referential of the dimensions of my
buildings.

But that is going to change.......

Thanks for sharing.

Leo.