 Belville / 611
Re: I posted some new pics y'all, otherwise known as the confessions of a belville builder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:41:58 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Damien Nesbit wrote:
Um, Okay.
     Belville.  Its so sissy.  How do we toughen it up?  Easy. Eliminate the
pink, then add weapons.
     For those of you that have seen my "Redbrick Island" layout, I've
constructed a swordshoppe to add to it. Whereas the rest of the island's
buildings basically have 3 open sides and a detailled facade, this bulding is
"closed" on two sides so that the proprietor can display as many weapons as
possible. This will probably be rebuilt as I can decide how to display more
weapons as without being too cluttered.

the link:

     After running a search for "technic figure" or "maxi-fig" or some other
similar term through the brickshelf galleries, I discovered the aformentioned
work of Brent (see previous posts to .belville).  It inspired me to try to build
a spacecraft for my little uglies.  I'm not that impressed with it, and I hated
it more and more with each added brick, but I really wanted to complete it and
document it as an excercise. So I did.  FYI: I still haven't disassembled it,
though I swear that I'm going to.

the link:

     However, the starspeeder is not the only thing that needs a tear down.  I
really want to pull it all apart soon and try to work on something big.
Although I should mention that a large part of my motivation when working on my
belville creations is an attempt to illustrate to TLG how to expand the line. I
usually build with a "set mentality", thinking all the while of at least
presenting a format for cool, affordable, belville sets.  Either way, most of my
parts are tied up in construction, and it was working within the limits of my
collection that generated this building:

the link:

     Finally, I've been reading a lot about brikwars and thinking about the
general structure of incorporating belville combatants into the fabric of the
games.  So here are some of the weapons that we might see produced en masse when
equipping your Belville Brikwarriors.

Archers:

Shields:

Long Pole Arm aka 2 Constables man a checkpoint:

sorry to talk so much, i hope that you enjoy it.

Word.

D.

Brilliant again, Damien.

I especially like the outpost of the archers. This is a good inspiration for
doing something more with these little ladies.

Till now I used them only as a sort of referential of the dimensions of my
buildings.

But that is going to change.......

Thanks for sharing.

Leo.